Current Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Portugal vacations - Colorful, cultural and jaw-dropping
Cobblestone villages and historic walled towns. Golden beaches and rugged cliffs. Delicious food and crisp wines. It must be Portugal.
Tivoli Carvoeiro Algarve Resort’s location is hard to beat, nestled among clifftop gardens, overlooking a picturesque cove with stunning rock formations and the glistening waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoy this picture-perfect escape to the Algarve.
Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Algarve Resort is a luxury hotel that provides guests with a beautiful setting for a relaxing holiday in the Algarve. Extensive leisure facilities, family-friendly services and smartly appointed rooms ensure a perfect holiday for every type of guest.
Anantara’s debut European property allows guests to luxuriate in spacious rooms, suites and penthouses with privileged views of cerulean pools, leafy greenery and the stunning Victoria golf course, home of the Portuguese Masters.
Pine Cliffs Resort, one of the leading and award-winning luxury resorts in Europe, is truly an exquisite hidden jewel enjoying a stunning, prime seafront location. This spacious resort offers a dazzling array of accommodation options, numerous choices of restaurants, as well as excellent sports and leisure facilities, such as an Annabel Croft tennis academy and a beautiful, challenging nine-hole golf course.
The Porto Mare is an oasis set amongst lush tropical gardens and conveniently located just steps away from the Lido promenade with direct access to the sea. With five restaurants and live music each night, this lively family friendly resort has something for everyone.
The Porto Santo Maria is ideally situated in Funchal’s historic Old Town in picturesque surroundings and with direct access to the seafront promenade. This adult-only resort is the perfect choice for exploring this area of great cultural and architectural interest or for relaxing and making the most of the spa and two swimming pools.
Occupying an idyllic location on Funchal’s seafront and overlooking the harbour, the Royal Savoy is perfectly situated to explore this historic and cultural city. With a selection of elegantly decorated and well-appointed guestrooms and a range of facilities this hotel is the perfect place to enjoy your Madeiran holiday.
Prominent in the Funchal skyline and just a short walk from the seafront, the Savoy Place is ideal for enjoying the very best that Madeira has to offer. With an impressive selection of tastefully appointed guestrooms and a range of trendy restaurants this hotel really delivers.
Enjoy sun-dappled coastlines and welcoming towns
A warm climate, beautiful coastline and fascinating historical sites combine to make Portugal a wonderful destination for a vacation.
Why visit Portugal?
- The capital of Lisbon is a captivating city of contrasts with traditional architecture and contemporary culture. Visit historic monasteries and quaint churches, sample the delicious pasteis de nata (egg custard cakes) and admire the beautiful panoramic views.
- The coast of Portugal blends rugged cliffs with sandy beaches, and you will find pretty coastal villages and lively seaside resorts. In Cascais you can stroll the picturesque cobblestone streets and browse the ceramics, lace and handicraft shops, as well as admiring the view along the oceanside promenade. The historic resort town of Lagos, with its Moorish and Renaissance influences is where Vasco da Gama sailed from on his epic voyages in the 15th century.
- On the Algarve coast is the 16th century fortress at Sagres, the home of Prince Henry’s School of Navigation, and offering stunning views of Cape St Vincente where 200-foot cliffs plunge into the Atlantic.
- “The Museum City of Portugal” is Evora, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This medieval town features a 13th century cathedral, a 2nd century Roman temple and several palaces, churches and museums.
- The beautiful “Silver Coast” is filled with sleepy villages, abundant vineyards and ancient castles. Visit the world-famous pilgrimage site of Fatima and picturesque Obidos, surrounded by medieval walls and filled with quaint white-washed houses.