Covid-19 Travel Advice for Existing Customers. Click here
Portugal vacations - Colorful, cultural and jaw-dropping
Cobblestone villages and historic walled towns. Golden beaches and rugged cliffs. Delicious food and crisp wines. It must be Portugal.
Enjoy sun-dappled coastlines and welcoming towns
A warm climate, beautiful coastline and fascinating historical sites combine to make Portugal a wonderful destination for a vacation.
Why visit Portugal?
- The capital of Lisbon is a captivating city of contrasts with traditional architecture and contemporary culture. Visit historic monasteries and quaint churches, sample the delicious pasteis de nata (egg custard cakes) and admire the beautiful panoramic views.
- The coast of Portugal blends rugged cliffs with sandy beaches, and you will find pretty coastal villages and lively seaside resorts. In Cascais you can stroll the picturesque cobblestone streets and browse the ceramics, lace and handicraft shops, as well as admiring the view along the oceanside promenade. The historic resort town of Lagos, with its Moorish and Renaissance influences is where Vasco da Gama sailed from on his epic voyages in the 15th century.
- On the Algarve coast is the 16th century fortress at Sagres, the home of Prince Henry’s School of Navigation, and offering stunning views of Cape St Vincente where 200-foot cliffs plunge into the Atlantic.
- “The Museum City of Portugal” is Evora, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This medieval town features a 13th century cathedral, a 2nd century Roman temple and several palaces, churches and museums.
- The beautiful “Silver Coast” is filled with sleepy villages, abundant vineyards and ancient castles. Visit the world-famous pilgrimage site of Fatima and picturesque Obidos, surrounded by medieval walls and filled with quaint white-washed houses.