Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Malaysia vacations - A stunning example of Asian beauty
A true Asian powerhouse, this multi-cultural giant boasts everything from incredible cities to jaw-dropping beach resorts. It’s cliché but there really is nowhere quite like Malaysia, a nation of sweeping cultural, visual and religious diversity; the kaleidoscopic gem of Southeast Asia. Boasting mile-upon-mile of stellar coastline you’ll find idyllic beaches lounging back into the midst of mysterious mangrove swamps, granite peaks and lush jungle.
Fusing natural splendour with rich culture and modern cities
Malaysia is a country divided in two. Half sits on the East Asian peninsular, south of Thailand and north of Indonesia. The second part constitutes around a third of the island of Borneo, alongside Indonesia and tiny Brunei.
A nation of beautiful contrast, you can find just about whatever you’re looking for. The centrally-located Kuala Lumpur is a sprawling city where mesmerizing skyscrapers jostle for your attention with splendid street food.
Penang is famously branded ‘the Pearl of the Orient’ and lives up to its nickname with jaw dropping natural beauty and impressive cultural sites. Alternatively, if you’re just looking for simple beach beauty you can’t go wrong with the scintillating archipelago of Langkawi.
Malaysia’s people are primarily Muslim, although there are enclaves of most of the world’s major religions. Malaysia is one of the world’s most harmonious countries, and there is very little tension between religions.
Why visit Malaysia?
- One of Asia’s most diverse and inspiring countries – it manages to remain both developed and exotic
- A huge number of festivals take place in Malaysia every year, from the Colors of Malaysia in late May to the Rainforest World Music Festival in June
- A huge country set across two vastly different regions – if you’re visiting the jungle-clad Borneo, you can get a real kick at the end of your vacation by spending a few nights in Kuala Lumpur too
- Kuala Lumpur is one of Asia’s great cities; Langkawi boasts some truly beautiful beaches and the Cameron Highlands offer secluded natural beauty
- The food will surprise you every day with its endless variety and depth of flavor.