Covid-19 Travel Advice for Existing Customers. Click here
The Bahamas could be considered the archetypical Caribbean tourist paradise, characterized by powdery white sand, glittering sunshine and beautiful clear ocean. It has come to be define the Caribbean for many travelers.
The Bahamas is also one of our stunning wedding destinations. Click here for more details.
Enjoy a laidback vacation in the Bahamas
The Caribbean’s most northern country, the Bahamas is an archipelago of somewhere in the region of two thousand islands (if you count the cays).
There are two large settlements – Nassau, the capital, and Freeport on the northerly Grand Bahama island. This is where the action is – figuratively and literally – but getting away from the action is exactly what Bahamas holidays are all about. You’ll find a highly relaxed and friendly attitude in just about everyone here; an ethos honed on year after year of living in paradise.
Unsurprisingly, this nation of many islands is a heaven-on-Earth for beach lovers and fans of watersports, with long stretches of pure white sand and clear water that’s ideal for diving. There is a truly luxurious feel to everything here – whether it’s the moreish rum punch served ubiquitously in bars or the stylish, upmarket resorts offering every comfort you can imagine. There's plenty more to see and do here too, including visiting the Bahamas' swimming pigs at Big Major Cay, taking a sea safari, and marvelling at the magnificent Northern Bahamian rock iguanas.
Primarily of West African descent, the people of the Bahamas are deeply religious and extremely friendly. The country runs to the rhythm of calypso; music and dance is deeply rooted in the cultural heritage. And if you ever get the chance to visit around Boxing Day or New Year’s Day, you should visit the Junkanoo festival. It’s a high energy carnival featuring colorful outfits and traditional African rhythms.
Why visit the Bahamas?
- A very family-friendly destination with safe beaches and numerous activities that your children will love
- Features the Outer Islands and New Providence & Paradise Island
- Ample opportunities for eco-adventures amongst the hundreds of little islands of the Bahamas archipelago
- Perfect for exploring – book a cruise away from the resort and experience the different flavours of the Bahamas
- Visit the huge waterpark Aquaventure at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island – this is one of largest waterparks in the Caribbean and one of the most impressive in the world
- The beaches! The Bahamas is truly famous for perfect white sand and warm, clear water, which is something of a perfect combination
Inspired? Tropical Sky also arranges Caribbean holidays in other destinations including Barbados, Mexico, Jamaica, Antigua, St Lucia, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Grenadines, Cuba, Tobago, Cayman Islands, Aruba, Anguilla and St Kitts and Nevis.