Oman vacations - Jaw-dropping desert scenery
Oman is off the beaten track and that's a huge part of the fun. This is the Middle East as it should be - a completely friendly and welcoming place with tasty food, historical monuments and lively markets.
Discover Middle Eastern luxury away from the crowds
Oman has unexpected natural diversity ranging from dusty mountains, the lush green oases and the golden sands of the coast. The historic capital city of Muscat is one of the Middle East’s prettiest, with its chalky white buildings and horseshoe harbor. It effortlessly combines ancient traditions with modern luxuries.
Oman’s shore is lined with soft sandy beaches and the landscape is a mixture of mesmerizing desert vistas, towering peaks and lush green oases. It is yet to be overburdened by tourism, giving you the opportunity to take in the wondrous history and stunning sights in relative seclusion from other visitors.
The country is a nature lover’s paradise too, with turtle nesting sites and plenty of opportunities for whale and dolphin watching.
The Omani civilization is one of the oldest in the region, and while there is certainly a traditional Islamic and Arabic influence, the people retain a distinctive culture and heritage. It is this fascinating history that makes Oman really worth visiting.
Why visit Oman?
- A chance to experience one of the oldest civilizations in the region, where the land of ‘Arabian nights’ comes to life
- Romantic and secluded, Oman is perfect for honeymoons or just couples looking to get away together and enjoy the natural peace and quiet
- If you’re a bit of a shopper you can enjoy an authentic Omani experience and keep an eye out for bargain buys at traditional Arabic souks in the historic city of Muscat
- Go on dolphin or whale watching expeditions – these majestic creatures often come surprisingly close to the coast so your boat trip might not take as long as you think
- Enjoy rugged desert safaris while knowing that the comfort of amazing accommodation is never far away