Covid-19 Travel Advice for Existing Customers. Click here
Kenya vacations - The classic safari destination
Kenya – the name conjures up images of roving safari trips and an abundance of wildlife. While this is an accurate description of this magnificent country, it’s not the whole story. The tropical climate, fascinating culture and smorgasbord of landscapes creates something altogether more varied than you’d expect.
Kenya is also one of our top wedding destinations. Click here for more details.
Enticing wildlife vacations in Kenya
Kenya – a captivating mix of awe-inspiring wildlife, pristine beaches and fascinating culture. There’s a lot to see in this country, each segment a diverse blend of rewards for the visitor. From the varied landscape that sees emerald plains and arid deserts meet with mountains, coral reefs and expansive parks, to the people, the history and the native fauna, this truly is an example of classic Africa.
For most people, Kenya conjures images of safari escapes and for good reason – Kenya serves as a fitting backdrop to some of the best wildlife sightings in the world. But there’s more to this amazing country that just game drives and cocktails at sunset.
Head to Nairobi for a heady mix of bustling city streets and addictive chaos; Malindi plays host to Kenya’s coral-studded waters and diving spots; and leaving an impressive topographical mark through it all is The Rift Valley, one of the most distinguishing natural landmarks in Africa. There’s a strong sense of national pride retained here, though many ethnic groups, tribes and cultures make up the population. As such, visits to Kenya yield a true experience of Africa.
Why visit Kenya?
- The tropical climate is a huge draw for this fascinating destination, lending itself well to everything from beach escapes to balmy safari vacations.
- No exploration of Kenya would be complete without visiting the many national parks and game reserves dotted throughout the landscape – the Big Five is considered to be the ultimate safari triumph
- Head to the coast for the culinary delights of this country, where you’ll find regional delicacies and fresh seafood delicately spiked with tamarind and local spices
- Sporty travelers will be in their element here – the diverse landscape serves as a fantastic backdrop to hiking, cycling, snorkeling and diving, to name but a few
- The culture really makes Kenya an interesting place to explore – for example, if you can, visit during the Lake Turkana festival which sees twelve tribes join for three days of singing and dancing