Mexico vacations - Unique culture teamed with Caribbean beauty
Mexico is a destination that has it all - fascinating history, spectacular coastlines, buzzing nightlife and a unique culture. No matter what you're visiting for, be it beach vacations or cultural getaways, you won't be disappointed.
Mexico is also one of our popular wedding destinations. Click here for details.
Discover Mexico's sun-dappled beaches and ancient ruins
The Yucatan section of Mexico, also known as the Caribbean Coast, is one of this amazing country’s most impressive regions.
Aside from the beaches – the stunning, powdery beaches – you’ll also find breath-taking lush jungles and impressive Mayan ruins. Alongside the natural beauty and fascinating history, this part of Mexico is also home to some of the world’s most luxurious resorts, which place an emphasis on customer service, lavish amenities and fantastic food.
The resorts are centered around the city of Cancun with beachside properties running all the way down the Riviera Maya. A short ferry ride away is the island of Cozumel, which has allures of fantastic scuba diving and ancient archaeological sites.
There’s no doubt that this is a fun-loving part of the world. Cancun has dethroned Acapulco as the party capital of Mexico and with the other draws of great weather, beautiful beaches and iconic historical curiosities; it’s not hard to see why it has gained such popularity.
This part of the country is undoubtedly driven by tourism and as such the major cities can come across as overdeveloped. If you’d rather have a more authentic and rustic experience, venture out to some of the smaller towns or visit some of the less-travelled Mayan ruins.
Why visit Mexico?
- Mexico offers the dreamy beaches of the Caribbean at an amazing price
- There’s something for everyone here; the Mayan ruins at Xcaret, the stunning beaches of Riviera Maya or the pulsating nightlife of Cancun – it’s all down to you
- A different kind of Caribbean experience with the same great weather and stunning surrounds
- The perfect combination of city breaks and beach vacations
- Choose the resort that’s right for you – we can do anything from secluded and private to fun-loving and friendly
A mandatory Tourist Usage Fee of MXN224.00 (approximately USD10.00) per person, must be paid by all travellers visiting the state of Quintana Roo (which primarily covers the beach resorts from Holbox and Cancun in the north, all the Riviera Maya region through Playa Del Carmen and Tulum, and down to Chetumal in the south). It applies to all those aged 15 years or over and is not included in your holiday price. Payment can be made either prior to travel, during your stay, or at the airport on your return.
An Environmental Tax is also payable, varying by region as follows:
- Cancun area hotels- $72.62 Mexican Pesos, approx USD$3.82 per room per night.
- Riviera Maya, Puerto Moreles and Playa Del Carmen - $31.13 Mexican Pesos, approx USD$1.64 per room per night.
- Baja California / Los Cabos / Puerto Vallarta - $36.31 Mexican Pesos, approx USD$1.91 per room per night.
This will be applied to your hotel bill and must be paid upon departure. Please note that all taxes are subject to change wth no notice. The latest fees will be as detailed by your hotel on arrival.