Ireland vacations - Naturally beautiful, outdoorsy and fun
The Emerald Isle - fascinating, friendly locals and stunningly beautiful landscapes, dotted with historic castles and ancient monuments. Tropical Sky has offices in Dublin and Kerry to book your dream vacation to Ireland.
Enjoy a relaxed time in the Emerald Isle
Ireland is the perfect destination for a touring vacation – a small island but with so many sights, traditions and characters all packed into this beautiful country. If you spend just a week on the Emerald Isle you’ll have so many experiences to tell the folks back home that they will be begging for mercy. Extend your vacation to two weeks and it becomes a true trip of a lifetime.
From the vibrant cities of Dublin and Belfast to the ancient castles of Kilkenny and Blarney, from a glass of smooth Guinness to comforting hot tea and cakes, from the breath-taking Cliffs of Mohar to the quaint fishing villages of the south west – you can experience the contrasts of Ireland. The one thing you will find constant though along your travels is the warmth of the welcome.
Why visit Ireland?
- We’ll start with Dublin, the usual starting point of vacations to Ireland. A city tour is a must, taking in the sights of Phoenix Park, O’Connell Street, Trinity College and Christ Church Cathedral, and to refresh you along the way you can stop off at the Old Jameson Distillery and the Guinness Storehouse. Spend a leisurely afternoon in Temple Bar, exploring the shops and people-watching in the cafes
- The tiny city of Kilkenny is a delightful place to visit with its magnificent castle, ancient cathedral and meandering medieval lanes
- A small town in the heart of County Kerry, Killarney is a popular base for exploring the beautiful lakes and mountains of Killarney National Park, and the setting for 15th-century Ross Castle and the Victorian mansion Muckross House
- The Ring of Kerry is a scenic 100 mile drive around the Iveragh Peninsula where you will find fabulous ocean vistas and mountain views at every turn
- You’ll perhaps know Waterford as the home of Waterford Crystal – the world famous crystal company where chandeliers for Westminster Abbey and the Kennedy Center DC were created. But did you also know that it is Irelands oldest city dating back to 853, with tales of Vikings and Norman Kings, home to 13th century Reginalds Tower and brightly coloured 19th century buildings on the quayside
- But you don’t just visit Ireland for the history, it’s also the inhabitants that are a big attraction – friendly, fun and very welcoming - you will be entertained from start to finish. Limerick is a great place to experience an evening in a pub - share a drink and a laugh and you’ll come to understand what the Irish mean by “the craic”
- If you’ve read Angela’s Ashes you might be surprised to discover that Limerick is actually a lively city with beautiful Georgian architecture and quirky stores where you can browse Celtic silver or choose a blackthorn shillelagh to take home (a traditional walking stick)
- We may be saving the best until last - the 700 foot Cliffs of Moher is a “must-see” place for anyone visiting Ireland. Breathtakingly beautiful, wild and wonderful, just go see it for yourself