Spain vacations - Sunny, naturally stunning and delicious
Vibrant cities and picturesque countryside, full-bodied wines and delicious cuisine, fascinating history and world class works of art - Spain has it all
Discover a juxtaposition of liveliness and peacefulness
The sunny warm climate, historic palaces, vibrant cities and picturesque countryside - just a few of the many reasons to visit Spain. With a long and diverse history, Spain combines interesting culture with an ambience of relaxation and fun.
Why visit Spain?
- Located in the geographical heart of Spain, Madrid is a magnificent capital city with majestic monuments and world class museums. The Royal Palace is the official residence of the Spanish Royal family and the largest palace in Europe – beautiful inside and out, it is well worth a visit. For art lovers, the two must-visit galleries are the Prado featuring Goya, Velasquez and Rubens, and the Reina Sofia which is home to Picasso’s most famous painting – Guernica.
- Barcelona is a really vibrant attractive city, with lively boulevards to stroll along and interesting architecture to admire – particularly the creations of Gaudi, who’s unique works can be found all around the city.
- In the south, Seville is a romantic city with a historic heart. Its gothic cathedral dating back to the 15th century is the resting place of Columbus and is the third largest cathedral in the world.
- Granada is a historical gem, with an abundance of architectural sites to explore. The most spectacular is the stunning Alhambra – the magnificent Moorish palace set on a hilltop
- The food and drink of Spain is high up on the list of attractions. Sample the traditional Spanish dish of paella, and perhaps take part in a cookery demonstration. There are many different regional wines and liqueurs and a fun part of any vacation is a visit to a winery for a tour and tasting.