Realm of the Polar Bear In-Depth
Call us for prices & availability
- International airfare & taxes
- Checked baggage
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact center
This in-depth version of the Norwegian Arctic Realm of the Polar Bear tour provides you with an additional three days of exploring compared to the 8 day we offer.. You’ll journey through the icy depths and tundra in search of the unique wildlife that really makes this place special. The tour lasts 11 days, giving you plenty of opportunities for seal, reindeer and polar bear sightings, as well as chance to explore some of the lesser-visited parts of the arctic region. (GM)
- Experience your first sighting of the midnight sun in Longyearbyen in the Norwegian Arctic
- Journey through Svalbard in search of natural and cultural sites
- Visit the lesser-known parts of this arctic region and seek out polar bears, reindeer and seals
- Board the MS Expedition Ship
Longyearbyen in the Norwegian Arctic
Begin your journey in Longyearbyen where you’ll catch your first glimpse of the midnight sun in Spitsbergen’s capital. You’ll embark on the MS Expedition in the afternoon and depart Longyearbyen in the evening.
Svalbard and Spitsbergen
Each day will be planned around the ice and weather conditions to give you the best chances of wildlife viewing. Svalbard is a unique destination with a range of natural and historical sights to explore, one of the few places in the world to offer such a plethora of natural and historical extravaganzas.
You’ll spend the next nine days visiting remote Polar Regions, icy fjords and stunning mountain scenery. At some of the stops along the way, you may be treated to Svalbard’s arctic fox and reindeer, as well as polar bears hunting seals. Some departures may opt for alternative routes to make the most of your time in this region, depending on the ice and weather. Visit ice sculpted fjords with breath-taking mountain scenery and glaciers crashing into the sea.
Early season voyages are generally really good for wildlife sightings, while later in the season you’ll cover more territory. This can lead you into the less explored regions of Nordaustlandet and Kvitøya, or the continental edges where large whales roam.
(Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
On departure day, you will be offered transfers to the Longyearbyen airport which are available for all passengers with flights scheduled after 4am.
- International flights and arrival transfer
- Internal travel: MS Expedition; Zodiac; local buses
- Aboard the MS Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en-suite bathrooms and porthole or window) (10 nights). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen bed
- All meals included aboard the MS Expedition
- Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team; Lecture and educational programmes; Waterproof boots supplied for men's sizes 8-14 and women's sizes 3-9; Expedition parka; Arctic destination guidebook
- One expedition team member per 10 guests
There are 5 categories of cabin.
- Category 5 - 4 Suites offering floor to ceiling windows, separate living and sleeping areas. Approx 30sqm. Located on deck 4
- Category 4 - 2 Lower berths with private en suite facilities. Approx 15 sqm. Located on deck 4
- Category 3 - 2 Lower berths with private en suite facilities and a large window. Approx 15 sqm. Located on deck 3
- Category 2 - Triple room....Lower berths with private en suite facilities and a porthole window. Approx 15 sqm. Located on deck 2
- Category 1 - Quad Room....2 Lower berths, 2 Upper berths with private en suite facilities and a porthole view. Approx 15sqm. Located on deck 2