Tanzania vacations - Captivating and exotic
One of Africa’s most captivating countries, Tanzania reads like a vacation wish list – exotic and rugged, amazing weather and shimmering beaches, and a host of geographical extremes to top it all off.
Discover Tanzania's iconic attractions
Home to some of Africa’s most favorite names, such as Kilimanjaro, the Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti, you’d be forgiven in thinking that you knew all that Tanzania had to offer. While the above list is accurate, it’s by no means exhaustive – there’s plenty more to be found here. Idyllic and authentic, as with much of Africa, there are pockets of truly spectacular sights to be found, and you don’t need to look far to find them.
Begin just off the coast, with the glorious archipelago of Zanzibar. This shining example of Africa’s ability to do beach destinations perfectly plays host to coral reefs, unspoilt beaches and a laid-back atmosphere. Moving inland, you’ll find a number of wish list-worthy locations.
There are numerous national parks and game reserves in Tanzania, each with their own concentration of wildlife to explore. Some of the more famous names, including Selous and Lake Manyara, find their way onto this list. So, naturally, safari trips are fantastic here. Likewise, the ‘eighth wonder of the world’, the awe-inspiring Ngorongoro Crater, has its own mini ecosystem where many species thrive.
Why visit Tanzania?
- Safari trips here are amazing, with a number of native species to be found in the expansive parks.
- The Serengeti, a name synonymous with Africa, is found here and is the largest national park in the country.
- Beach escapes off the coast are a must, so head to Zanzibar for well-deserved rest and relaxation.
- Tanzania offers up a number of natural landmarks, but none more impressive than the Ngorongoro Crater.
- The exotic climate and wild landscape makes this well worth exploring, so it’s perfect for vacations that really give you a taste of the true Africa.