Current Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Perth holidays - Easy-going, eclectic and colourful
Western Australia’s capital, Perth is a culturally-diverse, unique and relaxed haven of ambient cafes, sandy beaches, verdant vineyards and charming, cosmopolitan city scenery. We think that Perth is a must-see destination in Australia; perfectly blending sophisticated city attractions and magnificent architecture with a collection of lush parkland, botanical gardens, a glistening river and beautiful ocean beaches.
Enjoy Australia's most remote city
Perth is a relatively quiet and laid-back city. This is a culturally-diverse destination, making it the perfect choice for cosmopolitan city breaks without the frenetic atmosphere of larger cities.
This ‘user friendly’ city is ideal for stress-free getaways, complemented by a temperate Mediterranean climate of hot summers and mild winters.
Perth strikes a balance between an indigenous past and a sprawling urban future, showcasing picturesque colonial architecture, towering skyscrapers and cosmopolitan nightlife. This really is a melting pot, thanks to a rich and interesting migration history, which has resulted in culinary diversity and an eclectic mix of cultures.
Top reasons to visit Perth:
- It’s packed with things to do, from swimming to surfing, eating to wildlife
- The historical side to Perth is really interesting and well worth exploring while you’re here; visit the sacred Aboriginal sites for a glimpse into Australia’s past
- Perth is home to some indigenous wildlife, including the quokka, and plenty of marine life in the form of sea lions and whales
- If you’re seeking the real Australia, Perth gives you the opportunity to explore without being completely devoid of the metropolitan city buzz
- The city is moments from beautiful sandy beaches where you can make the most of the sunshine and laid-back vibe