Covid-19 Travel Advice for Existing Customers. Click here
Koh Chang holidays - Idyllic, calm and awe-inspiring
Boasting attractive rugged scenery and deserted beaches, Koh Chang is Thailand’s second largest island. With a range of a fine hotels and a peaceful atmosphere, it’s a great place for that relaxed Thai holiday you’ve been dreaming of. There's still some party vibes here too though, which nicely breaks up the long sun-dappled beach days.
A secluded island ideal for unwinding
Koh Chang is an island just off the coast of the Trat province. It’s Thailand’s second largest island, but unlike many of them it has not succumbed to throngs of tourists, nor has it had to implement an infrastructure to appease them. If you’re a fan of quiet relaxation in a tropical paradise, this is one of Thailand’s most idyllic spots for it.
The island doesn’t even begin to make the effort to keep up with technology – there are no banks, for instance – but what it lacks in modern conveniences, it makes up for in rustic charm and bucolic beauty. The white sand beaches (the most popular of which is rather originally named White Sand Beach) are lined with a combination of palm trees and friendly bars.
Aside from relaxing on the beach you also have opportunity to trek into Koh Chang’s pretty rainforest interior complete with some lovely waterfalls. But if walking doesn’t sound like your thing, you can stay by the coast and go scuba diving or take some Thai cookery lessons.
Why visit Koh Chang?
- Forest hikes reveal the hidden beauties of Koh Chang including the stunning Klong Nueng waterfall and wildlife such as eagles and kites
- There are a large number of beautiful sandy beaches that you can often have completely to yourself
- Diving is especially popular off the south coast of the island, with a number of great dive sites around the smaller islands here including the wreck of the Thai warship Thonburi
- Go sea kayaking – it’s a novel way to see the natural beauty of the Koh Chang coast
- Snorkelling in the shallow water around the beaches is a lot of fun if you’re looking to break up a day of sunbathing
Inspired? Tropical Sky also arranges Far East and Asia holidays in other Thailand destinations including Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi, Phi Phi Islands, Koh Samui, Koh Yao, Koh Chang, Koh Phangan, Hua Hin and Cha Am, Bangkok, Khao Sok, Chiang Mai, Trat and Khanom.