Costa Rica Adventure
Call us for prices & availability
- Flights & Taxes
- Checked Baggage
- In-Resort Assistance & 24hr Contact Center
A tour of top attractions, amazing culture and hidden treasures – this Costa Rican adventure takes you on a 16-day tour through some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. A destination of rugged volcanoes, dense rainforests, fascinating wildlife and breath-taking beaches, Costa Rica really does have it all. This trip balances guided excursions and leisure time perfectly, giving you the opportunity to relax and learn about this amazing location in equal measure. (GCL)
- Relax and enjoy the breath-taking scenery in Puerto Viejo de Talamaca
- Go hiking in Tortuguero and visit the sea turtles
- Explore the Sarapiqui Rainforest
- Go swimming and rafting at La Fortuna
- Visit the Arenal Volcano
- Go zip-lining and explore the canopy or Monteverde
- Experience the beauty of Manuel Antonio National Park
- Price from $1,859 includes international airfare, travel and ground arrangements as described below
Arrive in San Jose and check-in at your hotel.
Begin your adventure by travelling to Quepos and exploring over the next few days, visiting Manuel Antonio National Park to swim, fish, kayak, sail or surf. You could even enjoy a dolphin-spotting sunset sail in the evening.
On day 4 you will journey from Quepos to Monteverde to explore the town and the cloud forest reserve, looking out for tropical birds and visiting the unique communities. You could even enjoy the Sky Walk, a series of suspension bridges that link through the jungle canopy, plus a butterfly garden, canopy zip-line and a frog pond.
Today you will enjoy a guided tour of Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve, looking out for elusive wildlife and exotic flora. There’s also the optional thrill of flying across the forest canopy on a zip-line.
On day 6 you will leave Monteverde and venture to La Fortuna, a fantastic town near the foot of Arenal Volcano that is well known for its wild activities including rafting, waterfall rappelling, and relaxing in hot springs. The next few days will be free for you to explore the town, with optional activities including horseback riding, caving, whitewater rafting and mountain biking.
La Fortuna/La Virgen
In the morning of day 9 you will visit a coffee cooperative in the small village of San Miguel de Sarapiqui for a traditional coffee tour and a delicious local lunch, before hopping on a tractor-drawn cart and venturing through the jungle. On day 10, you’ll have the day free to explore Sarapiqui Valley, including swimming in the river, enjoying a night walk, and simply relaxing in a hammock.
(One breakfast, two lunches and two dinners included)
On day 11 you will travel to Tortuguero by tractor, private van, and by boat. You’ll also have the opportunity to spot green and leatherback turtles at night time in the national park (seasonal). On day 12 you’ll have free time to explore Tortuguero’s small town – you could kayak through the canals in search of wildlife, wander through the streets, or watch turtle eggs hatch (seasonal).
(Two breakfast, lunches and dinners included)
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
The coastal town of Puerto Veijo de Talamanca is your port of call for the next two days. There are many activities to try out here, including snorkelling in the Caribbean sea, hiking and exploring the Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge, biking to the beach or taste testing delicious Caribbean cuisine.
(One breakfast included)
Transfer to San José for one final evening with the group before your return flight.
Depart today from San Jose.
- International airfare
- Internal travel (All transport between destinations and to/from included activities): public bus; tractor; private van; boat; walking.
- Hotels (13 nights), Jungle lodge (2 nights, multi-share)
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners (Allow USD530-690 for meals not included)
- Beach time in Puerto Viejo; Nature trail walk with swim (Sarapiquí); Jungle lodge stay; Coffee cooperative tour and local lunch; Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve guided tour (Monteverde); Beach time in Manuel Antonio
- Tour guide throughout, in addition to local guides
- Small group experience; max 16, avg 12
Please note the minimum age for this tour is 12 years of age.
All travellers under the age of 18 must be acompanied by an adult.