Darwin holidays - Friendly, cultural and fascinating
Darwin is a fun, laid-back and tropical city with gorgeous scenery, a friendly attitude and cosmopolitan vibe. A jewel of the Northern Territory, this is a popular choice for visitors of the area, with a vast array of things to see and do. Alongside a deep aboriginal heritage, culturally diverse setting and picturesque activities, Darwin also makes a fantastic base if you’re looking to explore the Red Centre and beyond.
Enjoy a melting pot of cultures
With a close proximity to South East Asia, there’s an Asian influence to this area that makes it different to other Australian destinations. Darwin is a jewel of the Northern Territory and a popular choice for visitors to the area, thanks to its vast array of things to see and do.
Despite being a thriving city of industry and tourism, Darwin has retained its heritage; the arts are infused with Aboriginal culture and influences of its past are evident throughout the city.
Nature is also prominent and can be found right on the doorstep of the city, with easy access to the famous Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks, and the Tiwi Islands. Darwin is a city with it all – adventure, scenic views, city life and merging cultures.
Top reasons to visit Darwin:
- Darwin makes for a great base if you’re looking to visit Melville and Bathurst Islands – otherwise known as the Tiwi Islands
- Culturally, this city is incredibly diverse – whether you’re looking to explore the past or present, you’ll find something to feed your interest
- Thanks to the numerous ethnic influences, the city’s culinary scene is eclectic so you’re guaranteed to have abundant choice when it comes to dining
- The city sits on a vast harbour that looks out to the Timor Sea – go swimming off Litchfield National Park or take a picturesque sailing trip at sunset
- The city hosts countless festivals throughout the year, so if you can time your trip accordingly be sure to soak up the fun and vibrant atmosphere at one of these annual events