Current Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Chiang Mai holidays - A cultural, active and foodie city
Thailand’s second largest city isn’t as brash or busy as Bangkok – instead it’s a haven of culture that’s home to temples, ancient ruins and great local food. It’s also a fantastic base for adventurous activities and visits to nearby hill tribes, giving travellers a unique insight into a destination that still attains Thailand's much loved charm and heritage.
Discover adventure, beauty and heritage
Chiang Mai is a city and a larger province at the very north of Thailand close to the border with Myanmar.
Blessed with stunning mountainous beauty, this is one of Thailand’s most picturesque locations and the walled city of Chiang Mai itself is something truly special.
But it’s not just sights; Chiang Mai caters for all the senses with the delicious smells and tastes of street vendors, the authentic sounds of the night markets and luxurious feel of the high quality hotels.
Why visit Chiang Mai?
- Old world heritage and beauty meets new world luxuries and amenities
- See the elephants – Chiang Mai has a number of elephant parks and orphanages where elephants are cared for
- Shopping here is great – there are no real malls but a large number of boutique shops and quirky markets
- Want to relax? Chiang Mai has a huge range of massage parlours
- This is a truly peaceful and serene place to be – you won’t find Bangkok’s exuberance here (whether that’s a good thing for you or not is a different matter!)
Inspired? Tropical Sky also arranges Far East and Asia holidays in other Thailand destinations including Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi, Phi Phi Islands, Koh Samui, Koh Yao, Koh Chang, Koh Phangan, Hua Hin and Cha Am, Bangkok, Khao Sok, Chiang Mai, Trat and Khanom.