Bird Island Lodge
Call us for prices & availability
- International airfare & taxes
- Checked baggage
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact center
Nestled on a beautiful, private island of the same name, Bird Island Lodge evokes an incredible castaway feel, offering an authentic island lifestyle experience. Abundant in exotic birds, giant tortoises and wonderful marine life, you’ll feel like the only people in the world here.
There are only 24 individual cottages altogether, adding to the intimate charm. With verandas looking out to the ocean and bright décor, you’ll have your own little slice of Creole paradise. There are no TV’s or phones either, so you can leave the bustle of modern life behind and concentrate on rejuvenating and taking in the views.
The open-air restaurant is just as charming, with seafood caught straight from the island’s waters, and deliciously fresh vegetables and fruit locally home grown.
NOTE: Bird Island Lodge will be closed for renovations from 15 June to 16 July 2019.
The lodge is located on a private island of the same name. The northernmost island of the Seychelles archipelago, Bird Island is wonderfully secluded and offers stunning, untouched beauty. The island is known for its incredible collection of native birds – hence the name – and offers a completely laidback vibe.
You will need to take a 30-minute internal flight from Mahé.
There are 24 individual cottages, all settled amongst the coconut palms of the island’s old plantation. Nestled on the western coast of Bird Island, you’ll be graced with beautiful views of the gardens and turquoise sea from your veranda. There are no TV’s, phones or air-conditioning in the cottages, adding to the simple and barefoot charm and keeping their environmental impact low. All cottages include:
- Large veranda
- King size bed (mosquito net optional)
- Ceiling fan
- In-room safe
- Corner lounge
- Two sofas that can be used as single beds
- Large shower
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary WiFi
- The Restaurant – Overlooking a lush lawn leading on to the ocean, this open-sided restaurant is the perfect spot to dine on seafood caught fresh from the surrounding waters and deliciously ripe and organic home grown fruit and vegetables – all cooked in an authentic Creole style. The restaurant is buffet style, and there’s truly something for everyone. Dress code: Smart casual
- Bar and Lounge – Just steps away from the pristine white sands of West Beach, the bar and lounge is laidback and chilled out, offering flavoursome afternoon tea or a lovely pre-dinner cocktail. There’s even a few fantastic local brews, and a fun pool table.
- Kayaking, snorkelling and shore-fishing and these are all complimentary (fishing equipment is not provided)
- Dolphin and whale watching (seasonal)
- The hotel is home to giant tortoises
- Nature trails - Discover Bird Island's flora and fauna on the nature trails of the island
- Bird watching
Internal flight times:
Depart Mahe: 11:05am (check-in 10:05am)
Depart Bird Island: 11.50 (check-in 11:30am)
Duration: 30 minutes flight.
Due to the aircraft size, please note that you are only allowed 15KG per person maximum. Excess baggage may be acceoted on the same flight depending on space availability or forwarded on the next available flight.