Spotlight on Rome
Call us for prices & availability
- International airfare & taxes
- Checked baggage
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact center
A great holiday package of five nights in Rome, allowing time to be expertly guided around the iconic sights and to have leisure time to soak up the atmosphere. You will have tours of the Vatican Museums, the Coliseum and the Roman Forum, and several other historic sites and churches. There is an optional cooking class. And you will be taken to the historic port of Ostia Antica, a short journey from Rome, for a tour of the well-preserved ruins, abandoned at the fall of Rome. (C)
- Visit the Coliseum, the largest amphitheatre in the world and one of the greatest works of Roman architecture, where you will hear tales of gladiators from over two thousand years ago
- Take a walk through history as you take a guided tour of the incomparable Roman Forum
- Be impressed by the opulence of the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica, as you explore the museums of the Vatican
- Marvel at mosaic masterpieces which feature in several cathedrals such as the Basilica di San Clemente
- Take a trip to Ostia Antica, the ancient port city which was abandoned at the fall of Rome and is now the location of well-preserved ruins
- Reflect on the life of an emperor during a visit to Palatino Hill
Overnight flight to Rome, “The Eternal City”, for your exploration of the birthplace of western civilization.
This evening your will begin your Roman adventure by joining your fellow travellers at a popular restaurant in the city for a special welcome dinner featuring regional delicacies and fine Italian wines.
This morning you will learn about the history and traditions of ancient Rome on a locally guided tour. Walk through the incomparable Roman Forum, the main center of ancient Roman life, and experience a true taste of history. Visit the iconic Colosseum, dating back to the 1st century once home to gladiatorial combat and wild animal fights. Discover the life of an emperor during a visit to Palatino Hill, where the ruins of several former palaces are located. You then have the remainder of the day to explore Rome at your pace.
Discover the beauty and sophistication of the ancient art of mosaics, as you are led by a local guide through some of the best churches in Rome featuring mosaic masterpieces. Admire works of art in the Basilica di San Clemente, Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore and Basilica di Santa Prassede. This afternoon you will continue to explore Romes treasures during a guided visit to the Vatican Museums, where you will see the breath-taking beauty of the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica. This evening you will dine in a popular local restaurant.
Breakfast and dinner included
You have today at leisure you indulge in some shopping, explore more of the remarkable museums or simply relax over a gelato, perhaps some vino and local delicacies. You could choose to learn the secret of Roman cooking by partaking in an optional cooking class. Or take a trip into the bizarre by visiting the Capuchin Crypt beneath the church of Santa Maria della Concezione which is home to the skeletons of 4,000 friars.
Rome – Ostia Antica - Rome
Today you will take a journey out of Rome to the awe-inspiring city of Ostia Antica, where you will marvel at the well-preserved Roman ruins. This ancient port city was abandoned at the fall of Rome and will allow you a glimpse into the life of early Romans. Return to the city for an afternoon at leisure, and then end your Roman experience with a farewell dinner with your fellow travellers
Breakfast and dinner included
Rome – your tour ends
Your tour comes to a close today
- International airfare, round trip airport to hotel transfers
- 8 meals
- Accommodation*: Rome 5 nights Hotel Giulio Cesare
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Tours as described in the above itinerary
* On some dates alternate hotels may be used
With offices in Florida, UK and Ireland, we have the experience and resources to provide you with the very best vacation, partnering only with the most reputable coach operators to ensure you have a truly great touring experience.