This is a wonderful holiday around southern Portugal with three night stays in lovely coastal towns and a beautiful countryside Resort. A dedicated Tour Manager is on hand throughout the tour to help you gain the most from your experience in Portugal, and you will appreciate the hand-picked accommodation with the perfect blend of sightseeing and relaxing leisure-time.
You will begin your holiday in the scenic coastal resort of Cascais (pronounced Cash-ky) where you will enjoy a three night stay as a base to tour this lovely region, seeing medieval Obidos, the world-famous pilgrimage site Fatima and the picturesque town of Sintra, a UNESCO site and summer residence of Portuguese kings for six centuries. Travelling through the beautiful Portuguese countryside, you will visit historic Evora (the Museum City of Portugal) and the picturesque town of Monsarez – the “jewel in the crown” of the Altentejo area. Journeying south, you will spend the next three nights in the popular coastal Algarve region, exploring historic Lagos and relaxing in the lovely seaside resort. The tour finishes with a wonderful day in a charming rural village, with a demonstration of the hand-painted Portuguese tiles, a winery tour and wine-tasting (CL)
- Relaxing three night stay in the scenic coastal resort of Cascais on the Portuguese Riviera, with time to stroll the picturesque cobblestone streets browsing the ceramics, lace and handicraft shops or admire the view along the oceanside promenade.
- Visit the vibrant capital of Portugal – Lisbon, a city of contrasts with traditional architecture and contemporary culture
- Enjoy a traditional dinner with local cuisine, wines, folk dancing and Fado music
- Visit the historic pilgrimage town of Fatima, the Batalha Monastery, the quaint town of Nazare and the medieval walled town of Obidos
- See the medieval walled-towns of Monsarez with a 2nd century Roman temple and Evora with a 13th century castle
- Stay in the heart of Alentejo’s countryside in a lovely resort set in 3,000 acres of vineyards and cork trees
- Relaxing three night stay on the picturesque Algarve coast with free time to discover the beaches and pretty resorts
- Discover the 16th century fortress at Sagres and enjoy magnificent views of Cape St Vincent where 200-foot cliffs plunge into the Atlantic.
- Explore the historic resort town of Lagos, where Vasco da Gama sailed from on his epic voyage in 1499
- Tour a cork factory and museum, enjoy a local liqueur tasting and a cookery demonstration, followed by dinner of regional specialities and wine
- Visit the charming agricultural village of Azitao renowned for its red wine, olive trees and beautiful country estates. Enjoy a tour and tasting at a winery.
- Extend your holiday with a four night stay on the beautiful island of Madeira
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Selected excursions & meals
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact center
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- No amendment fees
- Low deposits