Bed & Breakfast from $136 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Based in Lamu’s quiet coastal town of Shela, Peponi Hotel is charming property that is perfect for relaxation in a beautiful desert island-style setting. The small size and exclusive feel leads to a very friendly atmosphere.
You can simply relax on the beautiful Shela Beach or enjoy some of the excellent activities including a wide range of watersports and some wonderful excursions across Lamu. You can also look forward to quiet evenings dining at the hotel and enjoying cocktails at the bar.
Top Tip: It is a fantastic idea use Peponi Hotel as the second half of a twin-center vacation in Africa. You can go on an amazing safari experience, and then to relax visit this tranquil place to unwind and enjoy the calmness – talk to one of our friendly team to get a tailor-made quote.
A total of 29 rooms all featuring:
- Overhead fans
- Mosquito nets
- Personal safes
- Protecting the nesting sites of endangered sea turtles
- For scuba divers there are PADI instructor courses from absolute beginner to Dive Master
- Waterskiing can take place in front of Peponi
- Deep sea game fishing
- Visit to the historic Lamu town
- Day trip to ancient ruined forts of Manda Islands
- Local Dhows are great for trips around Lamu Island and are run on a rota system to ensure that all the crews get a chance
- Sailing to Takwa Ruins on Manda island is a 3hr round trip by sail dhow, at High tide only and is a great way to spend part of your day
- Full moon cruise with drinks, wine and lobster dinner, under sail in Lamu harbor
- Children of all ages are welcome
- Fresh water swimming pool
- Wonderful stretch of sand at Shela Beach
- Meals can either be taken in the main dining room, outside or in your room – whatever you feel like
- The bar serves a great range of cocktails