Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Brisbane holidays - Laidback, charismatic and fun
Australia's third-largest city, Brisbane is a medley of outdoor adventure and classic culture, a real gem with a pleasant year-round climate and a plethora of cultural activities. This sophisticated city is now a favourite with tourists and locals alike who all revel in its charming atmosphere and myriad of excursions, reveling in the relaxed small-town attitude.
A trendy city with a cool small-town ambience
As Sydney and Melbourne waged a war to be considered Australia’s top city, Brisbane was left behind. Uninterested in the spoils of being the country’s largest or richest, Brisbane is happy to be true to itself – and that in itself is the charm.
While this is a huge city, with over two million residents and counting, Brisbane manages to retain a quiet charisma and down-to-earth demeanour. It’s this friendly attitude that is making it increasingly popular not only with international tourists but also with Aussies themselves.
The broad Brisbane River snakes through the city center, intersected by the historic Story Bridge, one of the oldest in Australia. Beyond the curving blue of the water, the main color on offer is green – there are the botanic gardens and a large number of leafy parks dominating the cityscape.
Brisbane is a very fun place to be – the city is alive with an energetic charm that translates into a lovely nightlife.
Brisbane is also the perfect base to explore the rest of Queensland. It’s close to the stunning beaches of the Sunshine Coast and the glamorous shores of Gold Coast. Day trips to the beautiful Fraser Island can also be arranged.
Top reasons to visit Brisbane:
- Brisbane has transformed itself in recent years to become a cosmopolitan metropolis that charms thousands of visitors every week
- Close to numerous other destinations, Brisbane is ideal as part of a multi-center or a self-drive trip, giving you chance to explore more of Queensland
- This is a charming city that has a friendliness that's not always common with locations of its size
- It's perfect for visitors who love to be outdoors, with plenty of parks, gardens and nearby beaches to enjoy
- Brisbane is great for tourists - visit the galleries, soak up the nightlife or enjoy the relaxed cafe culture