Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
Call us for prices & availability
- International airfare & taxes
- Checked baggage
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact center
This resort is a great choice for exploring the boutiques, antiques and restaurants of central Ubud, the scenic location between the Petanu River Valley and the cascading rice terraces offers sweeping verdant views throughout, as well as plentiful opportunities for rest and relaxation.
Start the day with a complimentary morning Yoga class, after breakfast join a walk through the rice paddies to see an unchanged way of life and meet local residents, or take a Balinese cooking class. After lunch relax by one of the two pools or visit the riverside spa where you can listen to the energising rushing water while you enjoy any one of the treatments from a full spa menu.
Complimentary afternoon tea and a cocktail happy hour will keep you refreshed until dinner, where you have a choice of two wonderful restaurants at Maya Ubud.
Situated a comfortable walking distance from Ubud center, within hectares of tropical gardens, the transfer time from the airport is around 1 hour by road.
A complimentary shuttle bus will take you into central Ubud (9am - 5pm) or you can walk in around 25 minutes. The surrounding area gives you a great opportunity to explore the rice fields and natural wonders of the area.
All rooms are complete with the following:
- King-size bed or two single beds
- Private balcony with views of the valley or terraced rice fields
- En-suite bathroom with overhead shower
- Mini bar
- Satellite TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Complimentary toiletries
- In-room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary bottled water
Defined by its stylish furnishings and refreshing colour palette, these 43sqm rooms are framed by several glass windows and doors, benefitting from natural light and beautiful views over the Petanu River Valley and Peliatan Rice Terraces. Accommodates up to two adults and one child.
Fresh and inviting, these well-appointed rooms blend customised furnishings with uplifting burst of colour. 43 square metres of private living space ensures a comfortable and peaceful stay, along with a great selection of pampering amenities and beautiful views of the rice terraces or luscious valley. Accommodates up to two adults and one child.
Superior Garden Villa
Spanning over 50 square metres of serene living space, these gorgeous villas are nestled into the lush tropical gardens. Appointed with classic Balinese design with elevated roofs and an elegant collection of locally-handcrafted furnishings. The luxurious en-suite bathroom, with a reclaimed timber valley, lends itself to spa-styled indulgence. Accommodates up to two adults and one child.
- Heightened level of private living space
- Luxury en-suite bathroom with spa style facilities and toiletries
- Living/sitting area
- Large private balcony with plush chaise lounge and tropical garden views
Deluxe Pool Villa
Boasting breath-taking surroundings of the river valley or tropical forest, these 50sqm hideaways put indulgence first. A traditionally thatched dwelling with an inviting and serene space, you’ll be promised utter privacy and luxury with tastefully-appointed furnishings and sumptuous amenities. Accommodates up to two adults and one child.
- Private outdoor plunge pool and furnished terrace
- Peaceful river or tropical forest vistas
- Luxury four-poster canopied king bed and hand-crafted furnishings
- Plush living and entertainment area
Premier Pool Villa
Featuring a full glass frontage which overlooks a private pool, terrace and tropical forest, the Premier Pool Villa presents a refined balance between local Balinese inspiration and contemporary style, inviting the beauty of nature into your personal living space. Spanning over 50 square metres of complete privacy and serenity, these villas are appointed with handcrafted furnishings and classic works of art, alongside modern state-of-the-art amenities. Accommodates up to three adults, or two adults and one child.
- Stunning private garden terrace with a private pool, loungers and tropical forest views
- Charming en-suite bathroom with a stainless-steel tub, overhead shower and steel basin sink
- Handcrafted king-size bed or Hollywood twin beds
- Living area with a daybed/sofa (can be swapped for an additional third bed for an adult)
- Private garden entrance
Petulu Pool Villa
This spectacular villa offers an oversized terrace, ideal for relaxing by the plunge pool, with mesmerising views of the river valley whilst nestled in a private tropical Balinese garden. Overlooking the pool terrace and forest through a full glass frontage, these 50sqm hideaways are a celebration of Balinese style and contemporary refinements, with local works of art and repurposed timber furnishings. Accommodates up to three adults, or two adults and one child - an adjacent villa can connect via a private access to make a sizeable compound for families and friends.
- Expansive private garden, gazebo and pool terrace with river valley views
- Private plunge pool and outdoor shower
- Luxurious en-suite bathroom with tub, overhead shower, vanity unit and separate toilet cubicle
- King-size bed
- Living area with daybed / sofa
- Option to connect with adjacent villa via private access
Duplex Pool Villa
With ample, plush living space and a seamless connection with the outdoors, this 125 square metre villa is epitome of Balinese luxury. Separated over two floors, the use of natural stone, hardwoods and hand-crafted elements immerse the villa in the surrounding environment, whilst an infinity-edge swimming pool and open-air Jacuzzi highlight the essence of tropical living, with stunning views over Petanu river Valley. Accommodates up to two adults and two children.
- Stunning private garden terrace on upper floor with infinity-edge pool, Jacuzzi, gazebo and loungers with incredible tropical surroundings
- Over double the level of private living space in comparison to previous category
- Magnificent views of Petanu River Valley
- Hand-crafted Balinese king-size bed
- Spacious living room on lower floor with direct access private lower floor terrace
- Lower terrace with dining table for two and plush sun loungers
- Master bedroom with king-size bed on upper level
- Luxurious bathroom with double vanity sinks, walk-in rain shower and separate WC
- Private entrance
Incredibly expansive and luxurious, the resort’s presidential villa is enveloped by tropical splendour with views overlooking a swirling river winding in the valley below from two breath-taking levels. Offering 235 square metres of opulent living space, every single detail within this private sanctuary personifies the artistic hands of Balinese craftsmen, from high thatched ceilings and hand-crafted wooden furnishings to stainless steel vanity sinks and a sunken tub in the bathroom. Accommodates up to four adults, or two adults and two children.
- Two expansive levels of private living space with river valley / tropical garden views
- Master king-size bedroom with sitting area and direct access to a private terrace on upper floor
- Second king bedroom on lower floor with sitting area, dressing room, en-suite bathroom and access to garden terrace and pool
- En-suite master bathroom with sunken bathtub, chaise lounge, dressing area, double basin vanities and separate WC room
- En-suite bathroom with a tub, shower, sink and WC
- Magnificent living area with lounge, entertainment facilities and dining table for 6
- Expansive private garden / valley-view terrace with infinity-edge swimming pool, sun loungers and multiple living, lounging and dining areas
- Private entrance
The resort’s main restaurant, Maya Sari is open all throughout the day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, offering magnificent views over the treetops from a serene setting high up in the resort. In the morning, enjoy an extensive breakfast buffet as the first rays of daylight shine through the trees, whilst lunch and dinner will be served a la carte, offering a delectable selection of local fare and international dishes paired with wines from around the world.
A charming eatery nestled within a canopy of vibrant blossoms and exotic flora, delight in specialty, regional Asian fare defined by rich layers of mouth-watering flavour; as you dine, the open-air views of the courtyard fountain and manicured gardens are simply wonderful. The restaurant also features an authentic teppanyaki counter indoors, where diners may enjoy a theatrical experience with your dish cooked to order.
Inspired by organic and sustainably-sourced ingredients, the river café is focused on serving wholesome, healthy food with a stunning setting beside the tropical forest and picturesque river. A great choice for those with a specific dietary need, the menu offers a full selection of vegetarian, gluten-free, non-dairy and nourishing options.
Located just off the lobby, this ambient bar is an elegant open-plan pavilion with wrap-around views of the resort edged by luscious valley scenery. Offering an inviting spot for intimate drinks or social gatherings with varied seating arrangements, the bar serves a full menu of beverages and snacks all throughout the day. A delightful complimentary afternoon tea is also available from 4pm to 5pm daily.
For times when you’re in the mood for a little more privacy, you may enjoy a fantastic variety of cuisine in the comfort of your own room or villa with the convenience of 24-hour room service.
Romance at Maya
The resort lends itself to the spirit of love with an incredibly romantic and serene setting; set beside colourful blossoms and the peaceful lake, you can wine and dine the evening away within a setting encompassed by glowing candles and fresh flowers, as the waiter tends to you as if you’re the only two people in the world.
Available from 7pm onwards (additional cost)
Celebrate a special occasion or just the simple fact that you’re together with an intimate candlelight dinner. Choose from an irresistible array of menus based on your personal culinary preferences, and delight in an unforgettable evening of incredible food and undeniable romance.
Join the expert Balinese Chefs as they share culinary secrets about the local specialities, followed by a tour of the Organic Spice and Herb Garden. You’ll then be taken to the village-style kitchen to learn how to prepare five popular dishes, before enjoying a relaxing lunch to sample your very own creations. You may also enjoy a visit to a traditional market at an additional price.
There’s a choice of three exclusive picnic basket options available for you to share as you sit back and relax in a serene riverside pavilion, edged by breath-taking rainforest scenery.
Orders for this experience must be placed one day in advance.
Enjoy a relaxed outdoor dinner in the tranquil confines of your villa, surrounded by candles and the beauty of nature. Your very own chef will prepare your chosen menu of dishes for a full ‘grill to table’ dining experience.
- The main pool is a striking infinity pool with adjacent ids pool.
- There is another pool by the spa, which is an adult’s only area of the resort.
- Separate children's pool
- Meditation garden with over 180 plant species, a professional guide will lead you through the tropical flora before finishing at the River Cafe to enjoy traditional herbal infusions made with ingredients fresh from the garden
- Floodlit tennis courts
- Mountain bikes
- Fitness Center
- Yoga Pavilion
- Private Yoga
- Tai Chi
- Meditation lessons
- Nature walks
- Balinese cooking classes
- Picnic lunch riverside
- Pitch & putt exercising golf course
- Village trekking
- Free shuttle bus to Ubud
- Free WiFi
- Complimentary departure lounge with showers and snacks for day use after check out
The Spa has one of the most tranquil locations on property, in an adult’s only area besides the river, the perfect backdrop to a Balinese massage treatment.
There is a fitness centre with a dedicated Yoga studio above with free daily morning yoga, a floodlit tennis court, mountain bikes can be hired or you can take a short tour with the resort guide for an insider look at the surrounding area.
A range of treatments are available from a 60 minute body scrub followed by an aromatic flower bath to a relaxing Balinese massage, facials, foot treatments, reflexology or even a chocolate body mask enhancing serotonin levels
Guests can also enjoy a relaxing bathing experience from the privacy of their rooms - select from the In-room bath menu & a personal assistant will set this up for you 15-minutes prior to your requested bath time.
On the 25th March 2020 it is Nyepi Day, an important Hindu celebration marking the Balinese New Year. Meaning “Day of Silence” this is a day of reflection and any activity that may prevent that is prohibited. The day is marked with a public holiday and restrictions are imposed on any kind of noise, travel, entertainment or work. Although tourists are free to do as they wish within hotels, nobody is allowed to leave the hotel premises between the hours of 6am and 6am the following day. Hotels will remain operational but with limited staff and Bali airport will remain closed.
Honeymooners will receive
- Exotic welcome drinks
- Balinese flower arrangement in guestroom or villa
- honeymoon cake
- Breakfast in their rooms each morning
Romantic Candlelit dinners can be arranged as well as couples massages.
The Romantic Interlude package includes 3 nights accommodation with breakfast in bed for the first night, a 2-hour pampering at the spa, private lunch in the garden gazebo, a romantic candlelit dinner under the stars with a bottle of sparkling wine, a one-time 8 hour countryside tour and a photo session with traditional Balinese costumes
|Average Temperature (Fahrenheit) Average Rainfall (Inches)|
Average Temperature (Fahrenheit) Average Rainfall (Inches)