Qatar vacations - Modern, luxurious and awe-inspiring
Hurtling to modernity, Qatar is gaining a reputation for amazing luxury travel that will equal anywhere in the Middle East. The added advantage is that Qatar still feels relaxed and authentic - you can get a true taste of traditional life as well as experience incredible comfort.
A little destination filled with excitement
A small Middle Eastern state, Qatar is beginning to punch well above its weight on the world stage.
Set to the west of the United Arab Emirates, Qatar resembles a sort of mini Dubai; the streets of Doha are lined with impressive skyscrapers and there are stretches of beautiful (but man-made) beach.
The capital city of Doha is the star attraction. It’s by far the largest in the country and is home to a huge range of attractions including the Doha Zoo, the Al Koot Fort and the Museum of Islamic Arts.
But if you’re more a thrill-seeker than a culture-lover you can sign up for desert safari tours that include dune bashing and sand skiing.
Qatar is now a country built on a huge diversity of cultures and backgrounds. This has created an unusual culture that is part classic Arabian, part unlike anything you’ll see anywhere else in the world.
Why visit Qatar?
- Qatar now has a fantastic range of decadent hotels offering impressive luxury accommodations close to the beach
- Doha has a surprising array of attractions including the Museum of Islamic Art
- A wide range of events to visit – the World Cup might not be here until 2022, but Qatar currently runs top tennis competitions and the Qatar Masters Golf Tournament
- The beaches are wonderful, even if many of them are artificial
- A chance to experience a super-modern Arabian city set against the backdrop of super-ancient Arabian desert