Auckland holidays - Exciting, beautiful and adventurous
A beautiful and modern city, Auckland is the meeting point between unspoiled landscapes and urban skylines. This welcoming city continues to draw in visitors year after year who want to soak up the relaxed atmosphere and astonishing views.
Enjoy this eclectic and contemporary city
Auckland is the kind of destination you won’t forget in a hurry – a friendly, fresh and modern metropolis where outdoor adventure meets urban cityscapes. This is a place where you can immerse yourself in the unspoiled wilderness of volcanic landscapes, dense hiking trails and dramatic black sand beaches within half an hour of the exiting bustling city.
It's incredibly picturesque and is the perfect playground for nature enthusiasts and culture lovers alike; a place where you’ll dip into a fantastic lifestyle and never want to give it up.
In traditional Maori language, it’s known as Tamaki Makaurau, translating as ‘The Maiden with a Hundred Suitors’. It’s not difficult to understand why this area was coveted so strongly by tribes when it was first discovered – a truly inspiring location.
Why visit Auckland?
- The scenery is magical, with contrasting vistas of towering architecture in the city and enchanting island landscapes on the outskirts.
- Auckland has some of the friendliest people you’ll ever meet and this permeates the atmosphere to create a really welcoming and relaxed city.
- There’s a holiday here to suit everyone, from the escorted tours around Auckland’s highlights to family adventures and self-drive getaways.
- A destination brimming with natural beauty, you’ll be able to choose between lounging on the beaches one day to exploring the geothermal activity of geysers and crater lakes on another
- It’s also fantastic for activities in the heart of the city too – visit the museums, sail around the harbour or take to the shops for some retail therapy.