Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Coromandel Peninsula holidays - Gorgeous, lesser-known and enticing
Fusing a laid-back ambience with native forests and perfect beaches, the Coromandel Peninsula may not be one of the most visited regions on the North Island but it is certainly one of the most beautiful.
An artistic destination with a relaxed ambience
With artists and craftspeople flocking to the Coromandel area and calling it home, there’s also a stimulating cultural side that makes it a great place to explore as well as admire.
Filled with charming towns, rich history and interesting people, Coromandel hosts an awe-inspiring array of must-see attractions and unforgettable experiences.
Bisected by jagged mountains into two regions, you can either explore the laid-back eastern side that’s brimming with white sandy beaches or the historic western side.
Why visit the Coromandel Peninsula?
- Coromandel has countless natural attractions so it’s an ideal choice if you want to admire the scenery that New Zealand is famous for
- The gorgeous sandy coastline makes this a great setting for a relaxed tropical beach break
- The historic town of Thames is just 90 minutes from Auckland, so you can combine a city escape with your holiday
- Creatively-speaking, Coromandel has a wealth of fascinating artists and craft-makers who welcome you to learn more about their work
- Hiking trails are abundant here – head along some of the inland bush walks to witness the towering kauris