Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
Full Board from $186 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Set in between the mountains and the sea, Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a decadent eco paradise on the southern tip of South Africa in Hermanus. If you want something a little different from the classic safari, we think this serves as a great choice. Home to the ‘Marine Big Five’, you’ll be able to keep watch for glimpses of whales, seals, sharks and even penguins. Topped off with exotic flora, this is a truly beautiful place.
Be prepared for luxurious accommodation, gourmet dining and spectacular views – this reserve has it all. If you want to take in the natural side to Grootbos you’re well equipped – the rolling hillsides, mountain ranges and enticing coastlines are teeming with wildlife, flora and birds. The staff are incredibly friendly, helping to ensure that every moment of your vacation is a memorable one.
Top tip: Just 30 minutes from Hermanus and two hours from Cape Town, this is a great place to be if you want to explore some more of South Africa’s wonderful destinations.
The reserve consists of the Garden Lodge, Forest Lodge and Villas.
Each room is air conditioned and offers:
- En-suite bathroom
- Canopy bed
- Separate lounge with fireplace
- Private wooden deck with panoramic views
- Garden Lodge – Rooms here are set amongst landscaped gardens in Milkwood Forest and reflect a classic African style
- Forest Lodge – Beautiful and sophisticated, the suites here are surrounded by breath-taking natural beauty
- Villa – Exclusive offering of elegant suites in a secluded location with a private guide, chef and butler
- Spa treatments
- Curio shop
- Beauty salon
- Horse stables with petting zoo
- Guided tours and walks
- Bird watching
- Land-based whale watching tours (Jun-Dec)
- Boat tours
- Visit the nearby cultural and archaeological sites
- Take a wine tour to Overberg wine estate
- Seek out the Marine Big Five
- Go quad biking
Two restaurants serving a fusion of African and European gourmet dishes