This unforgettable 9-night adventure offers a dreamy escape from urban life as you head into the luscious jungles and captivating wilderness of Borneo. Along the way, you’ll have ample opportunity to behold the region’s incredible wildlife, from guided treks through enchanting, misty rainforests and spectacular UNESCO-Listed national parks, to sailing excursions along serene rivers in search of monkeys, wild orangutans, crocodiles, elephants and exotic bird species. You’ll also observe those learning to live in the wild again within wonderful sanctuaries and rescue centres, including the famous Sepliok Orangutan Sanctuary and Bornean Sun Bear Conservation.
You’ll have the chance to explore so many aspects of Borneo throughout this tour; take a glimpse into the local traditions and culture of indigenous villages nestled into the countryside, and soak up the bustling atmosphere of riverside markets and modern city life in Kota Kinabalu. After six phenomenal days of exploring, we think the perfect way to round off your trip is with two days spent on the serene, picturesque archipelago of Manukan Island, where you can spend as much time as you like relaxing on the beaches and snorkelling the clear, tropical waters teeming with exotic marine life and breath-taking coral reefs (INT-TMKB).
- Experience local life in a Dunsun Village while enjoying a delicious home-cooked meal of fresh flavours
- Explore the unspoiled wilderness of the World Heritage-Listed Kinabalu National Park, hiking the trails at the base of its iconic mountain
- Stay overnight in a luscious tea plantation, enjoying a tour of the tea factory and sampling local varieties
- Take multiple river cruises along the Kinabatangan River and discover one of Borneo’s highest concentrations of wildlife, spotting crocodiles, macaques, wild orangutan, proboscis monkeys, elephants and birdlife along the way
- Learn about the sorrowful history of the Sandakan War Memorial, the starting point of the prisoner of war death marches to Ranau
- Observe magnificent orangutans who are being reintroduced into the wild at the Sepliok Orangutan Sanctuary, who have been rescued after a life of domestication or having being orphaned
- Visit the Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary where you can watch the amazing bachelor proboscis lazing and feeding – an up-close experience that can only be found in Borneo
- Take an optional visit to the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation of Sepilok Rainforest Discovery Centre, both of which are incredible opportunities to learn about the region
- Spend a couple of days unwinding, snorkelling and soaking up the spectacular scenery on Manukan Island, home to vibrant coral reefs, beautiful beaches and amazing marine life
- International airfare & taxes
- Checked baggage
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact center
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- No amendment fees
- Low deposits