Trat sits close to the border with Cambodia – a peaceful and secluded area of Thailand with pretty beaches and an unassuming attitude.
It’s the entry point to the beautiful Koh Chang islands, but that means that tourists often skip it over completely and think of Trat as simply a ferry port. The reality is that Trat has much to offer including a variety of shops and markets and great scenic cycling tours.
Why visit Trat?
- Koh Chang is a beautiful island just off the coast from Trat – this is the reason that the majority of people visit Trat
- There is a truly relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- This is not an area that sees a large number of tourists meaning you’ll get the opportunity to see authentic Thai life
- From here it’s possible to arrange tours into nearby Cambodia
- An intriguing night market takes place near the main market area. You’ll find stalls selling freshly cooked curries and noodle dishes if you get hungry
Inspired? Tropical Sky also arranges Far East and Asia holidays in other Thailand destinations including Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi, Phi Phi Islands, Koh Samui, Koh Yao, Koh Chang, Koh Phangan, Hua Hin and Cha Am, Bangkok, Khao Sok, Chiang Mai, Trat and Khanom.